Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tulips and The Slump


Happy Spring!  I made this pot of Blow Pop tulips for the staff of Little Girl's school recently.  I thought it would be a nice surprise and a way to say thank you for all they do.  It was a hit.  I thought you might enjoy seeing the one and only creative thing I've done in a long time.  I don't know what's wrong with me.  I guess I'm in a slump.  If you are a crafter I think you would understand.  Sometimes the creative juices just aren't flowing or seem like they have completely dried up.  I think that is where I am right now.  I'm not worried though, something somewhere will catch my eye and I will be inspired to the point of being obsessed and that is all I will talk about and do until something else grabs my attention.  I do have this one little idea that has been tumbling around in my brain for a while.  It seems to roll around more often lately so I may be creating something new soon.  No promises, but I might. 

I think this creative slump is also why the blog has been neglected over the past few weeks.  The slump and work are probably to blame.  The atmosphere at work has been very intense lately with mountains of work to do.  To be honest, after spending all day on the computer at work I don't even want to look at one when I get home.  I realized recently that I haven't even been checking home emails.  I do sneak a peek at the blogs I follow on my lunch break, just so I don't miss out on anything, but that's about it.  I know and you know this is just part of a cycle and things will get back around to "normal".  Until then I hope you will bear with me and keep checking in on me.  I will try harder.  I do have some things to blog about - seems like it is mostly beer stuff, but that's okay too. 

Thanks for hanging out with me and I appreciate you checking in!

4 comments:

  1. that is just the cutest idea! how thoughtful of you to treat the staff~

    the slump will pass and when it does,we'll be here~

    take care cathy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. these slumps happen...just hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to everybody now and then. One day you'll wake up and have the sudden urge to craft... something. Somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's my girl. Your Blow Pop Tulips looked great.

    ReplyDelete