Monday, October 15, 2012

Change is Good





Rush hour after a long day with a pretty sunset, just a shame my phone doesn't take better photos.

So I mentioned in my last post I had changed  jobs. I am still doing the same type of work but for a different organization.  I think I have shared in the past how stressful my old job had become.  The problem wasn't necessarily the work but instead the environment.  No direction, no leadership and zero morale made it a hard place to be.  The place had just worn me down.  I had been there for 25 years.  I grew up in the place.  My children were born and raised there, my parents died there.  The place was or still is, in some way,  my home.  I hated to leave, I didn't really want to leave, but I felt like the time had come for me to make a change.  

My new job is great.  I really enjoy the folks I work with.  There is a lot of work to be done there and there is some stress but it is all good.  It is very different but a good different.  I never saw myself in a different place but am glad I made the decision to make a move.  Change is good.

So this week I will be helping with a beer competition.  I will be serving the judges crackers and water to cleanse their palettes between tastings.  Ha!  I think it will be fun.  I've never been involved with the judges before so it will be interesting to see how things work.  Piedmont Brewers Cup competition is this weekend and I'm hoping Hubby will bring home a ribbon!


No comments:

Post a Comment